N. Nick Perry
|N. Nick Perry|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 58|
|1993 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||22|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Brooklyn College|
|Date of birth||08/01/1950|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
Perry's professional experiences include administrator for New York State Department of Mental Health; United States Army Reserves; medical specialist for United States Army; and union bargaining agent for Bustamante Industrial Trade Union.
Perry earned a BA in political science from Brooklyn College and a MPA from Brooklyn College. He and his wife, Joyce, have two children; Novalie and Nickolas Alexander.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perry has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Perry ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 58 2010|
|N. Nick Perry (D)||18,545|
On November 4, 2008 Perry won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 58. He ran unopposed.
Perry raised $136,169 for his campaign while.
|New York State Assembly, District 58 2008|
|Nick Perry (D)||30,069|
In 2008, a year in which Perry was up for election, he collected $136,169 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Health care Workers East||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. N. Nick Perry
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |