N. Nick Perry
|N. Nick Perry|
|New York State Assembly District 58|
|1993 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||22|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Brooklyn College|
|Date of birth||08/01/1950|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
Perry's professional experiences include administrator for New York State Department of Mental Health; United States Army Reserves; medical specialist for United States Army; and union bargaining agent for Bustamante Industrial Trade Union.
Perry earned a BA in political science from Brooklyn College and a MPA from Brooklyn College. He and his wife, Joyce, have two children; Novalie and Nickolas Alexander.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Perry ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 58. He defeated Terry Hinds in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 58, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||N. Nick Perry Incumbent||100%||38,495|
|New York State Assembly, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|N. Nick Perry Incumbent||75.4%||4,556|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Perry ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 58 2010|
|N. Nick Perry (D)||18,545|
On November 4, 2008 Perry won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 58. He ran unopposed.
Perry raised $136,169 for his campaign while.
|New York State Assembly, District 58 2008|
|Nick Perry (D)||30,069|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Perry received $132,201 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to N. Nick Perry's campaign in 2010|
|Transport Workers Local 100||$3,950|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,960|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,800|
|Glenwood Mason Supply Inc||$2,650|
|New York State Nurses Association||$2,635|
|Total Raised in 2010||$132,201|
In 2008, a year in which Perry was up for election, he collected $136,169 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Health care Workers East||$3,800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Nick + Perry + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. N. Nick Perry
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Perry
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Nick Perry
|New York Assembly District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |