Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 96|
|1991 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||23|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Calhoun's professional experience is as a tax collector for Washingtonville Central School District.
Calhoun attended in public administration and business administration at Empire State College. She and her husband, William Mulherin, have six children; Richard, Glenn, Kathy, Jill, Tracy, and Stephen.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Calhoun has been appointed to the following committees:
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Insurer Investments and Market Practices in Underserved Areas
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Calhoun served on the following committees:
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Calhoun ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. After a close election, Calhoun defeated Roxanne Donnery (D) in the general election on November 2. After all the absentee ballots were counted, Calhoun was declared the winner. In addition to her slot on the Republican Party ticket, Calhoun was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 96 2010|
|Nancy Calhoun (R)||19,476|
|Roxanne Donnery (D)||18,935|
On November 4, 2008 Calhoun won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 96, defeating opponent Richard Randazzo (D).
Calhoun raised $99,599 for his campaign while Randazzo raised $63,074.
|New York State Assembly, District 96 2008|
|Nancy Calhoun (R)||29,477|
|Richard Randazzo (D)||25,674|
In the 2008 election, Calhoun raised a total of $99,599.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Laborers Local 17||$2,699|
|EBS Group INC||$2,600|
|Kass, Frederick J||$2,000|
|Catsimatidis, John A||$2,000|
|Snadra Lee Worth for Assembly||$2,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Nancy Calhoun
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |