Difference between revisions of "Nancy Mace"
m (Text replace - "==Reference==" to "==References==")
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Revision as of 12:43, 21 January 2014
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, South Carolina|
|Place of birth||Fort Bragg, North Carolina|
Mace is the daughter of a school teacher and a U.S. Army general. She is the first woman to graduate from the Citadel, a military college in South Carolina. She is also an author. She holds a masters in journalism from the University of Georgia and runs a public relations company. Her public relations firm has worked with companies and several political candidates, including Tim Scott, Mick Mulvaney and Tom Davis.
The following is a selection of the campaign issues on her website:
- Role of government:
- Excerpt:"I believe this government is too big, too intrusive and too powerful, and must be put back in its place by the people. The politicians don’t understand, they don’t decide what rights we get to have and what rights we lose. Our Rights come from our Creator and are guaranteed by our Constitution."
- Excerpt: "Politicians in Washington continue to spend, continue to raise the debt ceiling and continue to ignore the coming wave of entitlement costs that will bankrupt our nation. Now is not a time for politics as usual, we need real leaders with courage to make the difficult choices. Spending is out of control, our national debt is soaring and politicians continue to hide from the real challenges."
- Excerpt: "In order to have jobs, you must have employers. It is not the role of the federal government to create jobs, it’s government’s role to provide the soil conditions for commerce and ensure a free market so businesses large and small can produce good paying jobs."
- Excerpt: "I do not believe it was an accident that our Founders listed life as the first of our God given rights. As a pro-life conservative I believe we should defend life and liberty from conception to natural death."
Mace discussed her drive to run for office saying, " I looked at this seat and I saw that for 59 years this seat has been held by two people. For almost 60 years, so if ever there was change that was needed in America, it is right here in South Carolina."
Mace is married with two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nancy + Mace + South Carolina + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Daily Caller "Nancy Mace to announce primary challenge against Lindsey Graham," Accessed August 1, 2013
- SC Now, "Senate hopeful Mace says change needed for SC", accessed November 25, 2013
- Campaign website, "Bio", accessed November 25, 2013
- '"Campaign website, "Role of government", accessed November 25, 2013
- Campaign website, "Spending/debt", accessed November 25, 2013
- Campaign website, "Jobs/economy", accessed November 25, 2013
- Campaign website, "Life", accessed November 25, 2013