|Oregon House of Representatives District 13|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon|
|Place of birth||Dallas, TX|
|Profession||Resource Sharing Program Manager, Orbis Cascade Alliance|
Nathanson was born 1951 in Dallas, Texas and raised in Eugene, Oregon. She is currently married to Steve Robinson. She attended Northwestern University and earned her Bachelors degree in Urban Geography from the University of Oregon.
Nancy Nathanson has professional experience as a tap dance instructor, as the owner and operator of Photoscapes, and as a supervisor of database maintenance for the University of Oregon Knight Library Catalog Department. Nathanson currently works as the Resource Sharing Program Manager for Orbis Cascade Alliance.
Nancy Nathanson has served as the chair, vice-chair, treasurer, and canvassing chair for the Lane County Democratic Party. In addition, she was the Oregon delegate for the Democratic Party Conference in 1982. From 1993 to 2004, Nathanson served as the president and a member of the Eugene City Council. Since 2007, Nancy Nathanson has served as a representative in the Oregon House of Representatives.
- Board Member, Friends of the Museum of Natural History, University of Oregon, present
- Member, Lane Council of Governments Board of Directors, present
- Legislative/Resolutions Committee, League of Oregon Cities, present
- Member, League of Women Voters of Lane County, present
- Chair, Eugene Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Committee, 2002-2004
- Board of Directors, National League of Cities, 2002-2004
- Co-Chair, Eugene Greater Downtown Visioning Committee, 1999-2000
- Chair, Eugene Parks and Open Space Committee, 1997-2000
- Chair, Eugene North End Downtown Committee, 1998-1999
- President, Library Staff Association, 1978
- Attendee, American Institute of Certified Planners Urban Design Workshop
- Attendee, American Library Association, Online Computer Library Center Users Group, Innovative Interfaced Users Group Meetings
- Attendee, American Planning Association meetings
- Past Member, Dallas Junior Civic Ballet
- Member, Eugene Affordable Housing Committee
- Chair, Eugene Automation Committee
- Member, Eugene Downtown Design Review Committee
- Member, Eugene Ferry Street Bridge Citizen Advisory Committee
- Member, Eugene Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- Member, Eugene Public Safety Committee
- Member, Eugene Telecommunications Committee
- Member, Eugene West End Planning Committee
- Member, Federal Communications Commission, Local and State Government Advisory Committee
- Member/Chair, Information Technology and Communication Committee
- Member, Lane County Convention and Visitors Association Board of Directors
- Member, Lane County Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Member, Lane County Women's Political Caucus
- Past Member, Lane Regional Air Protection Authority
- Member/President, Library Staff Association
- Member/Chair, Municipalities in Transition Panel.
- Member, Eugene Planning Commission, 1987-1993
- Board Member, Eugene Springfield Metro Partnership
- Governor's Housing Conference
- Member, Lane Council of Governments Board of Directors
- Member, Lane County Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Board Member, Lane Regional Air Pollution Authority
- Metropolitan Area Planning Advisory Committee
- Alternate, Metropolitan Policy Committee
- Member, Transportation Planning Stakeholders Group and Land Use Measures.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nathanson has been appointed to these committees: General Government Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- Legislative Administration Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nathanson served on these committees:
- Emergency Board Committee
- Health Care Committee
- Justice System Revenues Committee, Co-Chair
- Ways and Means Committee, Vice Chair
Nathanson won re-election to the 13th District Seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition but was challenged by Bill Young (R) and Mark Callahan (G) in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Oregon State House, District 13|
|Nancy Nathanson (D)||15,967|
|Bill Young (R)||7,890|
|Mark Callahan (G)||749|
On November 4, 2008, Nathanson won re-election to Oregon State House District 13. She ran unopposed.
Nathanson raised $65,756 for her campaign.
|Oregon State House District 13|
|Nancy Nathanson (D)||22,899|
Nathanson collected $58,421 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Nathanson's campaign in 2010|
|Pacificsource Health Plans||$3,500|
|Oregonians For Healthy Communities||$2,000|
|Oregon Association Of Hospitals & Health Systems||$1,750|
|Oregon Nurses Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$58,421|
In 2008 Nathanson collected $65,756 in donations.
These were her largest contributors in 2008.
|OREGON HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION||$5,000|
|COALITION FOR A HEALTHY OREGON||$2,000|
|DOUGLAS COUNTY PHYSICIANS||$2,000|
|OREGON MEDICAL ASSOCIATION||$2,000|
|CREDIT UNION ASSOCIATION OF OREGON||$2,000|
- Representative Nathanson's campaign
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Nancy Nathanson
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Representative Nathanson's facebook
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Results, State Representative, May 15, 2012
- Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- 2008 campaign contributions
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 13
| Succeeded by|