|Colorado State Senate, District 27|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Date of birth||12/12/1936|
|Place of birth||Denver, CO|
Spence was an Alternate at the Republican National Convention in 1992. She was a member of the Cherry Creek Schools Board of Education, District 5, from 1980 to 1993. In 1996 she was a Delegate at the Republican National Convention. She served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1998 to 2004.
Spence attended Colorado State University from 1955 to 1956.
Spence's sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Spence served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Spence served on these committees:
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Spence was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Spence raised $88,735 for her campaign, while Wilkes raised $7,133.
|Colorado State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Nancy Spence (R)||51,352|
|Nathan Wilkes (D)||37,073|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Spence's campaign in 2010|
|Bridgepoint Education Inc PAC||$400|
|Colorado Dental Association||$400|
|At&T Colorado Employee PAC||$200|
|Trucking Industry PAC||$200|
|Shapiro, Steven A||$150|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,350|
In 2008, Spence collected $88,735 in donations.
Her three largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$4,650|
|Naiop Colorado Chapter||$1,400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Nancy + Spence + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Spence and her husband, Peter, have four children.
- Nancy Spence's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Nancy Spence
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Nancy Spence
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Colorado News Agency, "Teacher's Union Shaken, Allies Divided by Passage of Tenure Reform," May 12, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 4, 2012
- 2008 election results, Colorado
- Colorado Senate spending, 2008
- 2008 contributions to Nancy Spence
|Colorado State Senate - District 27
| Succeeded by|
David Balmer (R)