Nancy Young Wright
|Nancy Young Wright|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Wright is a freelance writer and worked as Executive Director of the ArtsReach Writing Program from 2004-2007.
She served on the Amphitheater Unified School District Board from 1997-2007, and is a volunteer with the Animal Rescue Foundation.
- Education Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Water and Energy Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Wright's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2292 - compulsory attendance; age; increase
- HB 2402 - schools; contractors; fingerprinting; crimes
- HB 2416 - plastic bag recycling program
- HB 2490 - solar school grant program
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
Wright lost re-election to the 26th district seat in 2010. She faced no opposition in the August 24 primary election. She was defeated by Republicans Vic Williams and Terri Proud in the November 2 general election.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Terri Proud (R)||40,247|
|Vic Williams (R)||38,180|
|Nancy Young Wright (D)||37,435|
Wright raised $73,735 for the campaign, Williams raised $56,420, Zerull raised $74,367, and Jorgensen raised $66,621.
|Arizona State House, District 26 (2008)|
|Vic Williams (R)||44,857|
|Nancy Young Wright (D)||44,448|
|Marilyn Zerull (R)||43,600|
|Donald Jorgensen (D)||39,268|
Below are Wright's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Nancy Young Wright||$387|
|Cage for Arizona Senate||$136|
- Nancy Wright's personal website
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Nancy Young Wright
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Arizona House District 26
| Succeeded by|