|New York State Assembly District 80|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Rivera's professional experience includes deputy chief clerk for the Bronx Board of Elections; director of special events for the Bronx borough president's office; and financial services executive.
She and her husband, Antonio Rodriguez, have two children; GianCarlo and Daniel.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rivera has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Foster Care, Chair
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rivera served on the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Foster Care
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Rivera defeated Robert Giuffre in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated Joseph DeLuna (R) and Conservative Party candidate Robert Goodman in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 80 2010|
|Naomi Rivera (D)||11,587|
|Joseph DeLuna (R)||3,094|
|Robert Goodman (C)||617|
On November 4, 2008 Rivera won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 80, defeating opponents Louise Delucia (R) and Patrick McManus (C).
Rivera raised $23,200 for his campaign while Delucia and McManus each raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 80 2008|
|Naomi Rivera (D)||20,705|
|Louise Delucia (R)||4,917|
In 2010, Rivera received $28,475 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Naomi Rivera's campaign in 2010|
|Center For Speciality Care||$2,500|
|Afscme District Council 37||$2,500|
|Bronx Harbor Partnership||$2,500|
|Integrated Health Administrative Services Inc||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,475|
In the 2008 election, Rivera raised a total of $23,200.
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|Friends Of Assemblyman Jose Rivera||$3,800|
|Lichtman, Jeffrey A||$1,500|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Naomi Rivera
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|New York Assembly - District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |