|Illinois State Senate District 15|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Thorton Township High School (1997)|
|Profession||Owner/Operator of two Beggars Pizza stores|
Harris' professional experience includes playing as a linebacker in the NFL from 2002 to 2009, and owning and operating two Beggars Pizza stores.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Harris served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Human Services|
|• Labor and Commerce|
|• Public Health|
Harris' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Currently, 77% of education funding comes from local sources—mainly property taxes. Because of our over-reliance on property taxes affluent communities can provide quality education but most poor communities cannot."
- Job Creation & Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Illinois Main Street is an economic development program that revitalizes historic and business districts. There are nearly 80 of these programs across the state but only one in the Southland. "
- Crime Prevention
- Excerpt: "Law enforcement alone cannot prevent crime, and officials depend on residents to be the eyes and ears of the neighborhood."
Harris was seeking election to the U.S. House in Illinois' 2nd congressional district special election in 2013. The election is being held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr..
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Harris won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 15. Harris defeated Joseph Letke, Jr., Donna Miller and Patricia Mahon in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent James Meeks (D) did not for re-election.
|Illinois State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Napoleon Harris Incumbent||100%||73,762|
|Illinois State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Harris and his wife, Nicole, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Napoleon + Harris + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Appearances at the Internet Movie Database
- Elect Napoleon Harris, "About," accessed January 3, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
James Meeks (D)
|Illinois Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|