Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 15|
|High school||Thorton Township High School (1997)|
|Profession||Owner/Operator of two Beggars Pizza stores|
Harris is a former NFL linebacker. He played from 2002-2009 and started in Superbowl XXXVII. He currently owns and operates two Beggars Pizza locations in Harvey.
Harris' campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Currently, 77% of education funding comes from local sources—mainly property taxes. Because of our over-reliance on property taxes affluent communities can provide quality education but most poor communities cannot."
- Job Creation & Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Illinois Main Street is an economic development program that revitalizes historic and business districts. There are nearly 80 of these programs across the state but only one in the Southland. "
- Crime Prevention
- Excerpt: "Law enforcement alone cannot prevent crime, and officials depend on residents to be the eyes and ears of the neighborhood."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Harris ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 15. Harris defeated Joseph Letke, Jr., Donna Miller and Patricia Mahon in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent James Meeks (D) did not for re-election. Harris was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Harris lives with his wife Nicole and son in Flossmoor. They attend Reeds Temple Church of God in Christ and Valley Kingdom Ministries International.
- Official campaign website
- Napoleon Harris on Facebook
- Napoleon Harris on Twitter
- Napoleon Harris on ActBlue