Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 23|
Shinagawa is a county legislator.
Shinagawa ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 23rd District. He is seeking the nomination on the Democratic and Working Families tickets and defeated attorneys Leslie Danks Burke and Melissa Dobson in the June 26 Democratic primary. He will take on Republican incumbent Tom Reed in the November 6, 2012, general election.
The national Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee took an interest in the race, citing the three challengers as evidence of opposition to the Republican incumbent.
Local Democratic officials and organizations split their endorsements mainly between Burke and Shinagawa.
All three Democratic challengers supported Obamacare and opposed hydrofracking. In regards to the economy, Burke and Shinagawa want to tax corporations more heavily.
|Nate Shinagawa Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$0||$113,454.08||$(18,250.67)||$95,203.41|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$56,589.32||$132,406.67||$(80,309.37)||$108,686.62|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2012||$108,686.62||$319,379.05||$(250,090.42)||$177,975.25|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nate + Shinagawa + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Messenger-Post "Three-way Democratic primary in 23rd Congressional District," June 20, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- Dunkirk Observer "Endorsements muddle primary," June 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Nate Shinagawa's April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Nate Shinagawa's July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Nate Shinagawa's October Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |