National Audubon Society
|National Audubon Society|
|Year created:||late 1800s|
The National Audubon Society was founded in the late 1800s. Among its founders was George Bird Grinnell, who took the name Audubon from the late John James Audubon, a prominent wildlife artist of the early 1800s.
- "Protection of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other fragile habitats"
- "The ongoing recovery of the imperiled California condor and brown pelican"
- "Adoption of innovative policies that balance habitat protection with green energy development on millions of acres"
- "Continuing restoration of the Everglades and Long Island Sound"
The president and CEO of the National Audubon Society is David Yarnold. Audubon is governed by an executive team and by their board of directors. Board members meet three times a year throughout the U.S. in meetings which are open to the public.
As of November 2013, no information is available about 2014 election spending.
Audubon spent $15,270 on campaign contributions in 2012. In addition, it spent $80,000 in lobbying in 2012.
Audubon spent $13,770 on candidate campaign contributions in 2012. All contributions were made to Democratic candidates. Additionally, it contributed $1,500 to DNC Services Corp and $250 to Victory Now PAC.
|Top 7 largest National Audubon Society expenditures in 2012|
|Chris Van Hollen||MD||House||$500||$500||$0|
Audubon spent $80,000 in lobbying in the 2012 election cycle. The top issues lobbied by Audubon are as follows:
- Environment & Superfund
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Natural Resources
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "National + Audubon + Society "
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Redbud Audubon to participate in annual Christmas Bird Count Dec. 14 - Lake County News
- Aldo Leopold Audubon society seeks Christmas Bird Count volunteers - Stevenspointjournal
- Todd Nature Reserve, Audubon Society provide outlets for bird enthusiasts - Tribune-Review
- Angry Birds: Audubon Lends Its Support to Industry Initiative That Labels ... - Huffington Post
- Eagle deaths split wind-farm debate - San Francisco Chronicle
- December Audubon features "Birds of Brazil" - Sierra Star
- Community Happenings 12-11 - Destin Log
- Holiday events set at Wind Cave National Park - Rapid City Journal
- Wind Energy vs. Bald Eagle: Audubon Society Blasts Rule on Allowing Eagle ... - Patch.com
- Snowy owls flock to West Michigan - The Rapidian
- National Audubon Society,"About Us," accessed November 21, 2013
- National Audubon Society, "John James Audubon," accessed November 21, 2013
- National Audubon Society,"Successes include:," retrieved March 20, 2011
- National Audubon Society, "Audubon Leaders," accessed November 21, 2013
- National Audubon Society, "Board of Directors," accessed November 21, 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, "National Audubon Society," accessed November 21, 2013