Nebraska 2010 ballot measures
Three statewide questions were on a 2010 ballot in the state of Nebraska.
- All 2010 certified measures were referred to the ballot by the state legislature.
- The signature filing deadline for the November 2, 2010 ballot in Nebraska was July 2, 2010; no signatures were submitted for any citizen-initiated measures.
- Two statewide ballot questions were originally on the May 11, 2010 ballot, but were removed by Nebraska Secretary of State John A. Gale. One of those questions, Amendment 1, was later put back on the ballot, but in a revised form.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Admin of gov't||Legislature to permit the development of real, personal property|
|Amendment 1||Admin of gov't||Change the powers of municipalities to fund sources for economic/industrial development.|
|Amendment 2||Admin of gov't||Whether or not to abolish the position of the state treasurer|
Not on the ballot
The following measures were not on the ballot:
|Salary Increase||Admin of gov't||Authorizes the state to increase salaries for state senators.|
|LR||Nebraska County Consolidation Proposal (2010)||Admin of gov't||Would consolidate counties in the state of Nebraska.|
|Recall Amendment||Admin of gov't||Allows the recall of any elected official.|
|CISS||Nebraska City/Village Annexation Initiative, 2010||Admin of gov't||No annexation of a city or village without a majority vote of citizens|
|CISS||Nebraska Detachment Initiative, 2010||Admin of gov't||Election for detachment of annexed city/village|
Local ballot measures
- 2010 ballot measures
- Nebraska signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Nebraska
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nebraska
- History of Nebraska's initiative laws
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |