Difference between revisions of "Nelson Castro"
|Line 123:||Line 123:|
Revision as of 21:33, 11 March 2012
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 86|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Business Administration, Andrews University|
|Place of birth||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
Castro earned a BA in business administration from Andrews University and attended Empire State College. He has two children; Jennel and Christopher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Castro has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Castro served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Castro defeated Hector Ramirez in the September 14 Democratic primary, but Ramirez secured the nomination of the Working Families Party. He defeated Rene Santos (R), Conservative Party candidate Lisa Campbell, and Hector Ramirez (WF) in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 86 2010|
|Nelson Castro (D)||7,613|
|Hector Ramirez (WF)||1,698|
|Rene Santos (R)||324|
|Lisa Campbell (C)||199|
On November 4, 2008 Castro won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 86, defeating opponent Lisa Campbell (R).
Castro raised $40,858 for his campaign while Campbell raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 86 2008|
|Nelson Castro (D)||18,248|
|Lisa Campbell (R)||910|
In 2010, Castro received $91,572 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nelson Castro's campaign in 2010|
|Imperial Medical PC||$5,000|
|Transport Workers Local 100||$4,300|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|New York State Laborers||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$91,572|
In the 2008 election, Castro raised a total of $40,858.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Corinthian Medical IPA INC||$3,800|
|Alvarez, Pedro M||$3,800|
|P Alvarez Associates CORP||$3,800|
|Bronx Democratic Trustees||$2,500|
|New York State Association for Affordable Housing||$2,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Nelson Castro
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|New York Assembly - District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |