|New York State Assembly District 86|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Castro earned a BA in business administration from Andrews University and attended Empire State College. He has two children; Jennel and Christopher.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Castro defeated Hector Ramirez in the September 14 Democratic primary, but Ramirez secured the nomination of the Working Families Party. He also faced Rene Santos (R) and Conservative Party candidate Lisa Cambell in the general election on November 2.
On November 4, 2008 Castro won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 86, defeating opponent Lisa Campbell (R).
Castro raised $40,858 for his campaign while Campbell raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 86 2008|
|Nelson Castro (D)||18,248|
|Lisa Campbell (R)||910|
In the 2008 election, Castro raised a total of $40,858.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Corinthian Medical IPA INC||$3,800|
|Alvarez, Pedro M||$3,800|
|P Alvarez Associates CORP||$3,800|
|Bronx Democratic Trustees||$2,500|
|New York State Association for Affordable Housing||$2,000|
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Nelson Castro
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|New York Assembly - District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |