Nevada 1994 ballot measures
- Five measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Two measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Six were approved, while five were defeated.
On the ballot
|Question 1||Judiciary||Extends the jurisdiction of the Commission on Judicial Discipline||
|Question 2||Legislature||Abolishes closed door sessions of the senate and require open meetings for legislative committees||
|Question 3||Judiciary||Allows an increase in the salaries of Supreme Court Justices and District Court Judges during terms of office||
|LRSS||Question 4||Taxes||Provides exemptions to the Sales and Use Tax of 1955 relating to horses||
|Question 5||Gov't Finance||Allows the state to enter into installment or lease purchase agreements||
|Question 6||Taxes||Authorizes a reduction in property tax on businesses that relocate hazardous operations to designated sites||
|LRSS||Question 7||Taxes||Provides exemptions to the Sales and Use Tax of 1955 on tangible personal property sold by certain governmental bodies and organizations||
|Question 8||Term Limits||Places term limits on members of Congress||
|Question 9||Term Limits||Places term limits on state and local elected officials||
|Question 10||Elections||Defines and limits campaign contributions||
|Question 11||Taxes||Requires a 2/3 vote in the legislature or a majority vote by referendum for any tax increase.||
- 1994 ballot measures
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Nevada
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nevada
- Nevada Legislature
- Ballot Question Guide with Election Results
- Ballot Information (in the Henderson Home News, November 3, 1994)
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |