Nevada 2000 ballot measures
This table shows all initiatives and referenda that made the ballot in Nevada for 2000. In the tables below, "CICA" stands for citizen-initiated constitutional amendment, "CSS" for a citizen-initiated state statute, "CR" for a citizen referendum, and "LR" for a legislative referral.
For information on other citizen initiatives that attempted but failed to make the ballot, see Nevada 2000 citizen initiatives.
- Through 1998, a total of 37 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on Nevada's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 23 passed and 14 failed.
- With two initiatives on the 2000 ballot, the historical total of Nevada citizen initiatives increased to 39. Both citizen inituatives on the 2000 ballot passed.
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Nevada
- Laws governing the initiative process in Nevada
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nevada
|Year||Type||Initiative Title||Subject Matter||Description||Status|
|2000||LR||Question 1||Investment of government funds||Would enable the Legislature to authorize the prudently managed investment of State money in companies not classified as educational or charitable, subject to certain conditions||Failed|
|2000||CICA||Question 2||Definition of marriage||Would add language to the state constitution noting that "Only a marriage between a male and female person shall be recognized and given effect in this state"||Passed|
|2000||CICA||Question 9||Medical marijuana||Would allow use of marijuana, upon the advice of a physician, for certain medical conditions||Passed|