Nevada Marriage Amendment, Question 2 (2002)
Marriage and Family
|Not on ballot|
The Nevada Marriage Amendment, also known as Question 2 or the Protection of Marriage Initiative, was an initiated constitutional amendment on the November 7, 2002 election ballot in Nevada, where it was approved.
This was the second vote on proposed amendment, the first being in 2000. The amendment took effect with the second approval by voters.
|Question 2 (Marriage)|
Official results via: Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau - Research Division
Text of the proposal
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- Shall the Nevada Constitution be amended to provide that: "Only a marriage between a male and female person shall be recognized and given effect in this state?"
- The proposed amendment, if passed, would create a new section to Article 1 of the Nevada Constitution providing that, "Only a marriage between a male and female person shall be recognized and given effect in this state."
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Nevada 2002 ballot measures
- 2002 ballot measures
- Nevada Marriage Amendment, Question 2 (2000)