Nevada down ballot state executive elections, 2014
June 10, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
|Office||Incumbent||Assumed Office||Incumbent running?||General Election Candidates||2015 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
|State Treasurer||Kate Marshall
||2006||Term-limited, running for secretary of state|| Dan Schwartz
||2006||Term-limited, running for Treasurer|| Ron Knecht
The treasurer is a member of the State Board of Finance and serves as chair of the Board of Trustees of the College Savings Plan of Nevada. The treasurer also serves as administrator of the Municipal Bond Bank, administrator of the 529 College Savings Plan and Trust Fund, administrator of the Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program and Trust Fund, and administrator of the Fund for a Healthy Nevada and the Trust Fund for Public Health. The treasurer is also administrator of the Nevada Unclaimed Property Division and oversees the Millennium Scholarship Program.
The controller's main duties include conducting the final audit and settling of all claims against the state, they also must ensure compliance with the intent of the constitution, federal laws and state statutes in this regard. The Controller is also responsible for computing, withholding and accounting all state payroll deductions and also overseeing all records in connection with administration and compliance with federal revenue and income tax laws.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Kate Marshall for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed September 26, 2013
- Kim Wallin for State Treasurer 2014, "Official campaign website"
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |