New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
New Hampshire is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters may vote in the primary, but in order to do so, they have to choose a party before voting. This changes their status from unaffiliated to affiliated with that party, unless they fill out a card to return to undeclared status.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Carol Shea-Porter (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Carol Shea-Porter - Incumbent
- Dan Innis - Dean at the University of New Hampshire
- Frank Guinta - Former U.S. Representative
- Everett Jabour
- Brendan Kelly
Failed to file
Incumbent Carol Shea-Porter (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, New Hampshire District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Guinta Incumbent||46%||158,659|
|Source: New Hampshire Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, New Hampshire General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Frank C. Guinta||54%||121,655|
|Democratic||Carol Shea-Porter Incumbent||42.4%||95,503|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Hampshire, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State Website, "How to Register to Vote in New Hampshire," accessed January 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed June 23, 2014
- Seacoast Online, "UNH dean may make bid for Congress," accessed July 25, 2013
- The Green Papers, "NH #01," accessed September 24, 2013
- Portsmouth Patch, "Frank Guinta Announces Congressional Run on YouTube," accessed March 20, 2014
- WMUR.com, "State Rep. Pam Tucker is considering a run for Congress against Shea-Porter," accessed September 6, 2013
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"