New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
New Hampshire has a mostly closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party. In New Hampshire, however, Independent voters may choose which party's primary to vote in.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Carol Shea-Porter (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Carol Shea-Porter - Incumbent
- Dan Innis - Dean at the University of New Hampshire
- Frank Guinta - Former U.S. Representative
Incumbent Carol Shea-Porter (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, New Hampshire District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Guinta Incumbent||46%||158,659|
|Source: New Hampshire Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, New Hampshire General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Frank C. Guinta||54%||121,655|
|Democratic||Carol Shea-Porter Incumbent||42.4%||95,503|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Hampshire, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Hampshire Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- Seacoast Online, "UNH dean may make bid for Congress," accessed July 25, 2013
- The Green Papers, "NH #01," accessed September 24, 2013
- Portsmouth Patch, "Frank Guinta Announces Congressional Run on YouTube," accessed March 20, 2014
- WMUR.com, "State Rep. Pam Tucker is considering a run for Congress against Shea-Porter," accessed September 6, 2013
- WMUR.com, "State Rep. Pam Tucker is considering a run for Congress against Shea-Porter", accessed September 6, 2013
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"