New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
Cook Political Report: Toss Up
New Hampshire is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters may vote in the primary, but in order to do so, they have to choose a party before voting. This changes their status from unaffiliated to affiliated with that party, unless they fill out a card to return to undeclared status.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Carol Shea-Porter (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
September 9, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
Incumbent Carol Shea-Porter (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, New Hampshire District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Guinta Incumbent||46%||158,659|
|Source: New Hampshire Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, New Hampshire General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Frank C. Guinta||54%||121,655|
|Democratic||Carol Shea-Porter Incumbent||42.4%||95,503|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Hampshire, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State Website, "How to Register to Vote in New Hampshire," accessed January 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed June 23, 2014
- The Green Papers, "NH #01," accessed September 24, 2013
- Portsmouth Patch, "Frank Guinta Announces Congressional Run on YouTube," accessed March 20, 2014
- Seacoast Online, "UNH dean may make bid for Congress," accessed July 25, 2013
- WMUR.com, "State Rep. Pam Tucker is considering a run for Congress against Shea-Porter," accessed September 6, 2013
- WMUR.com, "State Rep. Pam Tucker is considering a run for Congress against Shea-Porter", accessed September 6, 2013
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"