New Hampshire School Funding Amendment (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
A School Funding Amendment did not appear on the November 2008 ballot in New Hampshire. It did not receive the required approval of 60% majority vote from both chambers of the state legislature.,
The amendment would have:
- Required the state to define an adequate education;
- Required the state to determine the cost of an adequate education;
- Let the state determine which districts needed financial help.
Similar amendments have been proposed for a decade, but none have made the ballot. If it made the November ballot, it would have had to be approved by 2/3 of the state's voters to become part of the constitution.
- Boston Globe, Amendment supports state control of N.H. school aid, May 2, 2008
- Nashua Telegraph, Dems backing education aid amendment, May 2, 2008
- Manchester Union Leader, Speaker endorses school funding amendment, May 2, 2008