Difference between revisions of "New Jersey Public Utilities Board"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
The current president is [[
The current president is []. He was appointed to the position by [[Governor of New Jersey|Gov.]] [[Chris Christie]] in .
Commissioners include [[Joseph L. Fiordaliso]], [] and [[Jeanne M. Fox]].
Revision as of 15:32, 16 February 2013
The mission statement of the board is as follows:
"To ensure the provision of safe, adequate and proper utility and regulated service at reasonable rates, while enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of New Jersey and performing these public duties with integrity, responsiveness and efficiency."
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that authorizes the creation of a state executive office. That information for the New Jersey Public Utilities Board has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
Per Title 48:2–1 of the New Jersey Statutes the members of the board are appointed to six-year terms by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. No more than three members may be members of the same political party.
The board oversees and regulates utilities, such as natural gas, electricity, water, telecommunications and cable television.
The board is composed of the following divisions:
- Cable TV
- Economic Development & Energy Policy
- Customer Assistance
- Office of the Economist
- Reliability & Security
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Two Gateway Center (8th Floor)
Newark, NJ 07102
Email: Online Contact Form
- Public Services Commissioner
- President Lee Solomon
- Commissioners Nicholas Asselta, Joseph L. Fiordaliso, Elizabeth Randall and Jeanne M. Fox
- New Jersey state executive offices
- New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, "About the Board," October 29, 2011
- New Jersey Permanent Statutes Database, "48:2-1 Board of Public Utilities continued; membership; terms," accessed October 29, 2011
- The State of New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, About BPU
- The State of New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, Divisions
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 22, 2011