New Mexico's 2nd congressional district elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
New Mexico has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Steve Pearce (R), who was first elected in 2010.
New Mexico's 2nd congressional district is located in the western portion of the state and includes Cibola, Catron, Socorro, Grant, Hidalgo, Luna, Sierra, Dona Ana, Otero, Lincoln, Valencia, Bernaillo, Guadalupe, De Baca, Chaves, Eddy, Lea and Roosevelt counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Potential Democratic candidates
- Joe Campos - Former state Rep.
- Leslie Endean-Singh - Attorney and businesswoman
- Roxanne "Rocky" Lara - Former Eddy County Commissioner
Potential Republican candidates
- Steve Pearce - Incumbent
|U.S. House, New Mexico, District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Evelyn Madrid Erhard||40.9%||92,162|
|Republican||Steve Pearce Incumbent||59.1%||133,180|
|Source: New Mexico Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, New Mexico General Election, 2010|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Mexico, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed August 29, 2012
- ↑ Roll Call, "New Mexico: Democrat Considering Challenge to Pearce," April 3, 2013
- ↑ Leslie Endean-Singh for Congress 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 4, 2013
- ↑ The Farmington Daily-Times, "Roxanne Lara puts in bid for Congress," September 3, 2013
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"