New Mexico's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Steve Pearce (R), who was first elected in 2010.
New Mexico's 2nd Congressional District is located in the western portion of the state and includes Cibola, Catron, Socorro, Grant, Hidalgo, Luna, Sierra, Dona Ana, Otero, Lincoln, Valencia, Bernaillo, Guadalupe, De Baca, Chaves, Eddy, Lea and Roosevelt counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
Withdrew from race
|U.S. House, New Mexico District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Evelyn Madrid Erhard||40.9%||92,162|
|Republican||Steve Pearce Incumbent||59.1%||133,180|
|Source: New Mexico Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, New Mexico General Election, 2010|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Mexico, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New Mexico Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 29, 2012
- Associated Press, "New Mexico Summary Vote Results," June 3, 2014
- The Farmington Daily-Times, "Roxanne Lara puts in bid for Congress," September 3, 2013
- Leslie Endean-Singh for Congress 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 4, 2013
- New Mexico Watchdog, "It will be Rocky Lara vs. Steve Pearce in November," accessed May 29, 2014
- The Washington Post, "DCCC adds nine names to program for top recruits," September 9, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"