New Mexico Bond Question 1 (2008)
All four bond measures were approved by voters, and the total amount is $223,802,000 ($22.3 million).
|Bond Question A (2008)|
Election Results via: New Mexico Secretary of State
Bond Question 1 enacted the following provisions:
- Authorized the issuance and sale of senior citizen facility improvement, construction and equipment acquisition bonds in an amount not to exceed $14,725,000.
- Proceeds of the bond are to go to make capital expenditures for certain senior citizen facility improvements, construction and equipment acquisition projects.
- Provided for a general property tax imposition and levy for the payment of principal of, interest on and expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of the bonds and for the collection of the tax as permitted by law.
- The passage of all bonds costs taxpayers a gross $15.60 annually for every $100,000 of assessed value of property owned over the course of the 10-year life of the bonds.
Arguments in Support
Notable arguments made in support of the measure included:
- The bonds will benefit many areas with minimal impact financially