New Mexico secretary of state election, 2014
June 3, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Treasurer, Auditor, Public Services Commissioner, Education Commissioner
New Mexico is one of 12 states to use a strictly closed primary process, in which the selection of a party's candidates in an election is limited to registered party members. The primary was held on June 3, 2014.
Dianna Duran - Incumbent
- Incumbent Dianna Duran was uncontested in the primary.
- Challenger Maggie Toulouse Oliver was uncontested in the primary.
- New Mexico Secretary of State
- New Mexico state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Daily Journal, Bernalillo County Clerk Maggie Toulouse Oliver announces for secretary of state, September 9, 2013
State of New Mexico
Santa Fe (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Solutions | Chairman of Public Regulation Commission |