New York's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Heading into the election the incumbent is Charles Rangel (D), who was first elected in 1970.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
Note: Although Kenneth Schaeffer was set to be on the Working Families Party line, he was removed from the ballot shortly before the election, allowing Rangel to run for the Working Families Party in addition to the Democratic Party.
June 24, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
- Adam Clayton Powell - Former New York State Assemblyman
- David Paterson - Former governor
- Keith Wright - State assemblyman
On November 6, 2012, Charles Rangel (D) won re-election to a 22nd term in the United States House. He ran in the 13th district due to redistricting in 2011. He narrowly defeated Craig Schley in the general election.
|U.S. House, New York District 13 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Charles Rangel Incumbent||75%||174,789|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New York Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed September 25, 2012
- New York State Board of Elections, "2014 General Election Candidate List," accessed November 6, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "New York State Unofficial Election Night Results," accessed November 6, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Politicker, "David Paterson hints at congressional campaign," accessed May 15, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Statement of Candidacy," accessed March 11, 2013
- Bloomberg - Political Capital, "Adam Clayton Powell IV Files For Rangel’s N.Y.C. Seat," accessed March 19, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"