New York's 16th Congressional District elections, 2012
The 16th congressional district of New York will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012.
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline June 12, 2012. The primary elections will be held on September 11, 2012.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Jose E. Serrano (D), who was first elected to the House in 1992.
- No candidates have declared an intent to run yet.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in New York
Following the results of the 2010 Census, New York lost two congressional seats, bringing its total number of representatives down from 29 to 27. A new map has yet to be finalized. According to a report in the Washington Post political blog "The Fix," New York is home one of the top ten redistricting battles in the nation.
|United States House, New York General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Jose E. Serrano Incumbent||86.4%||61,642|
|Republican||Frank Della Valle||3.2%||2,257|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in New York, 2012