For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
New York's 17th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Heading into the election the incumbent is Nita Lowey (D), who was first elected in 1988.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, New York District 17 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Nita Lowey Incumbent||57.6%||171,417|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New York Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed September 25, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 14, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"