New York's 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
New York has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Sean Maloney (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Incumbent Sean Maloney (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, New York District 18 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Nan Hayworth Incumbent||45%||133,049|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 18 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Nita M. Lowey Incumbent||61.7%||115,619|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New York Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- The Green Papers, "NY01 Candidate List," accessed January 30, 2014
- Daily Kos "NY-18" accessed May 21, 2013
- Journal News "Nan Hayworth considers rematch with Sean Maloney" accessed May 21, 2013
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"