New York's 24th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Dan Maffei (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24, 2014, primary results
Incumbent Dan Maffei (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, New York District 24 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ann Marie Buerkle Incumbent||41.9%||127,054|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 24 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Richard L. Hanna||51.2%||101,559|
|Democratic||Michael A. Arcuri||45.3%||89,809|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New York Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 14, 2014
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"