New York's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
New York has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Carolyn McCarthy (D), who was first elected in 1996.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page. Francis Becker Jr. Frank Scaturro
|U.S. House, New York District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||54.7%||163,955|
|Republican||Francis Becker Jr.||28.6%||85,693|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
On November 2, 2010, Carolyn McCarthy was re-elected to the United States House for an eighth term. She defeated Francis X. Becker, Jr. (R) who also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party tickets).
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||53.6%||94,483|
|Republican||Francis X. Becker, Jr.||46.4%||81,718|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New York Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- [email submission to Ballotpedia, accessed January 9, 2014]
- [email submission to Ballotpedia, accessed October 22, 2013]
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"