New York's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Carolyn McCarthy (D), who was first elected in 1996.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
|U.S. House, New York District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||54.7%||163,955|
|Republican||Francis Becker Jr.||28.6%||85,693|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
On November 2, 2010, Carolyn McCarthy was re-elected to the United States House for an eighth term. She defeated Francis X. Becker, Jr. (R) who also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party tickets).
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||53.6%||94,483|
|Republican||Francis X. Becker, Jr.||46.4%||81,718|
- United States House of Representatives elections in New York, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New York Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, accessed October 22, 2013
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, accessed January 9, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"