Difference between revisions of "New York down ballot state executive elections, 2014"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 10:26, 28 August 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Attorney General
|Office||Incumbent||Assumed Office||Incumbent running?||General Election Candidates||2015 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
||2007||Yes|| Thomas DiNapoli
Thomas DiNapoli- Incumbent (also running on the Working Families Party, Independence Party and Women's Equality Party lines)
Bob Antonacci (also running on the Conservative Party, Life and Justice Party and "Stop Common Core" lines) - Onondaga County Comptroller
John Clifton (nominated at party convention)
Rent is 2 Damn High candidate Greg Fischer
Did not qualify
- To audit all vouchers before payment and all official accounts
- to audit the accrual and collection of all revenues and receipts
- to prescribe such methods of accounting as are necessary for the performance of the foregoing duties.
Additionally, the legislature may also assign the following duties to the comptroller:
- supervision of the accounts of any political subdivision of the state
- powers and duties pertaining to or connected with the assessment and taxation of real estate
|July 10, 2014||Filing deadline for state offices|
|September 9, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|January 1, 2015||Inauguration of state executive officers|
To learn more about developments in these races, check out the following news articles from Ballotpedia:
- New York state executive primary elections review: Andrew Cuomo holds off challenger in Democratic race
- Moreland commission causes controversy for Governor Cuomo
- Filing deadline review: New York state executives primary 2014
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "New + York + comptroller + elections"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- DiNapoli 2014 for Comptroller, "Homepage," accessed April 19, 2013
- New York State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," July 10, 2014
- Syracuse.com, "Antonacci announces run for New York State comptroller against DiNapoli," May 7, 2014
- The Libertarian Perty of Suffolk County, NY, "Michael McDermott to Lead Libertarian Team in Drive for Governor’s Race," April 27, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |