|New Jersey State Senate District 32|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Mayor, North Bergen Town|
|Master's||Seton Hall University|
|Birthday||November 17, 1946|
|Place of birth||Jersey City, NJ|
Sacco graduated with a B.A. in History from Rutgers Universty. He later graduated with an M.A. in Administration and Supervision from Seton Hall University. He is the Assistant Superintendent of Schools for the North Bergen Board of Education. Sacco is also Mayor of the North Bergen Township Commission.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Sacco served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Sacco ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 32. Sacco defeated Francisco E. Torres in the June 4 Democratic primary and is challenged by Paul Castelli (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Sacco won re-election to the District 32 State Senate seat in 2011. He defeated Jeff Boss in the June 7 Democratic primary. Sacco defeated Edward O'Neill (R) and Herbert Shaw (I) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 32 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Nicholas Sacco Incumbent||80.8%||16,413|
|New Jersey State Senate District 32 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Nicholas Sacco Incumbent||95.3%||10,211|
In 2007, Sacco was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 31. Sacco (D) finished with 16,780 votes and was followed by John Pluchino (R) with 3,474 votes. Sacco raised $210,064 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 31 (2007)|
|Nicholas Sacco (D)||16,780|
|John Pluchino (R)||3,474|
In 2011, Sacco received $408,314 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nicholas Sacco's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Education Association||$10,100|
|North Bergen Democratic Municipal Cmte||$9,322|
|Liberty Board Of Realtors||$6,775|
|Nu-Way Concessionaires Inc||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$408,314|
|Total Votes received in 2011||16,413|
|Cost of each vote received||$24.88|
In 2007, Sacco collected $210,064 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|North Bergen Democratic Municipal Committee||$73,681|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|New Jersey Education Association||$5,325|
|Hudson County Democratic Organization||$4,605|
|Chasan Leyner & Lamparello||$4,400|
Sacco was endorsed by:
Sacco represents New Jersey Senate District 32, which includes the borough of East Newark, New Jersey.
Sacco and his wife, Kathleen, have one child. They currently reside in North Bergen, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nicholas + Sacco + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website of Nicholas Sacco
- Nicholas Sacco legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Nicholas Sacco biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Nicholas Sacco
- Nicholas Sacco on Facebook
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Official website of Nicholas Sacco
- Nicholas Sacco at Project Vote Smart
- Bergen County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Hudson County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|