|U.S. House, California, District 53|
|Bachelor's||San Diego State University, 2011|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1985-1991, 1995-2004|
|Date of birth||July 2, 1967|
|Place of birth||East Chicago, IN|
Popaditch's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: " Taxation is necessary, but is not an endless source of funding for pet projects. Your income belongs to you, not the federal government. Every dollar taxed is one less dollar in the private sector where it can grow the economy and jobs. Finally, the use of taxation for class warfare is morally wrong."
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "Congress is now on its 4th consecutive year of spending the American taxpayers’ money without a budget. Spending must be cut and tax revenue must be raised to fix the damage that has already been done."
- Legislative Equality
- Excerpt: "Our founding documents guarantee all Americans equal protection under the law. Legislation that favors one group of Americans over another for arbitrary reasons is institutional discrimination. This is not only a brazen contradiction of The Bill of Rights, but also unethical and immoral. We, the people deserve better."
- Grow The Economy
- Excerpt: "Congress can do three things immediately to grow the economy. Lower taxation will lead to more private sector growth. Remove obstructions to domestic energy to lower production costs. Remove regulations that create non-competitive monopolies. None of these require taxpayer funding. All will result in economic growth and jobs."
- Representation or Compromise
- Excerpt: "A Congressional Representative must represent all of the people in that Congressional District, not the ones he agrees with. That involves compromise here, in the 53rd District. When your Congressman goes to Washington and compromises with politicians who represent others, they are no longer representing you. That is unacceptable."
Popaditch ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 53rd District. He and incumbent Susan Davis (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary. They faced off in the general election on November 6, 2012, and Davis won.
|U.S. House, California District 53 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Susan Davis Incumbent||61.4%||164,825|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 53, 2012 - Nick Popaditch Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$647,362|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$952,515|
|Top contributors to Nick Popaditch's campaign committee|
|Assn of American Physicians & Surgeons||$5,000|
|Propulsion Controls Engineering||$4,900|
|Triwest Healthcare Alliance||$2,500|
|Weider Health & Fitness||$2,500|
|Iraq Veterans for Congress||$2,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Popaditch and his wife, April, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nick + Popaditch + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- Unofficial election results
- Open Secrets, "Nick Popaditch 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
- Project Vote Smart biography
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |