Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 34|
Sundquist's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If I am privileged to serve as our next State Senator, I will introduce legislation allowing for Michigan to offer its parents an “Opportunity Credit” with which they could use to offset the cost of tuition in any school of their choice. This puts the power and responsibility of a proper education on those who know the child best, the parents."
Personal Income Tax
- Excerpt: "I believe strongly the government’s involvement in people’s lives should be minimal. The personal income tax in Michigan is one of the greatest illustrations of the government over reaching into the citizen’s life, and it should be eliminated."
- Excerpt: "If I am elected to represent the 34th District in the State Senate, I will present legislation banning this type of highway robbery by our government and I will vote NO on any proposed use of tax dollars to further corporate welfare in our great state! "
Part Time Legislature
- Excerpt: "I support this initiative because we need citizen legislators, not full time politicians representing the people of Michigan."
- Excerpt: "If I am lucky enough to serve the 34thin Lansing I will strive to repeal Michigan Medicaid expansion laws and bring about a competitive insurance market."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cathy Forbes was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Goeff Hansen defeated Nick Sundquist in the Republican primary. Hansen faces Forbes in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Goeff Hansen Incumbent||62.4%||9,203|
Sundquist ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 91. He was a Libertarian Party candidate and was defeated by Collene Lamonte (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 91, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Holly Hughes Incumbent||47.3%||18,924|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Sundquist + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- nick4senate.com, "Issues," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 5, 2012