Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 37|
A St. Louis native, Wood owns a small insurance business and works as a mentor. She attended Wichita State University and Wichita Bible College. Wood has volunteered with Shoal Creek Living History Museum, Missouri Town 1855, and served on the board of Friends of Missouri Town. She has served on the board of Terrace Lake Gardens Homes Association and Clay/Platte Home Educators. She is currently a leader in the worship and hospitality ministries of Or HaOlam Messianic Congregation. She is married and has three children.
Wood's 2011 special election campaign site emphasizes several key policy positions and campaign themes:
- "Reform taxes to grow good jobs"
- "Respect and protect each human life"
- "Value and support the traditional family"
- "Cut red tape to boost the economy"
- "Offer educational freedom, local control"
- "Pursue health care freedom and choices"
Wood ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 37. Wood ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary ad was defeated by Joe Runions (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
Wood was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Jason Holsman.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nola + Wood + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Facebook profile
- Midwest Demcracy Project, "Curls will be nominee for KC Senate seat"
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Site, "About Nola"
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Examiner.com, "Nola Munsell Wood picked to run for Missouri Senate District 9," December 17, 2010
- Missouri Secretary of State, February 22, 2011 Special Election
- Missouri Secretary of State Election Returns, February 22, 2011
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |