North Carolina's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
North Carolina is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Parties decide who may vote, and they opened the primary election to unaffiliated voters. They may choose which ballot they want to vote on without affecting their unaffiliated status.
Heading into the election the incumbent is George E.B. Holding (R), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
The 13th congressional district of North Carolina held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which George E.B. Holding (R) won election. He defeated Charles Malone (D) in the general election. This switched partisan control of the district.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 13 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||George E.B. Holding||56.8%||210,495|
|Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, North Carolina Congressional District 13 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Brad Miller Incumbent||55.5%||116,103|
|Republican||William "Bill" Randall||44.5%||93,099|
- United States House of Representatives elections in North Carolina, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- NC Election Connection, "Who Can Vote in Which Elections?," accessed January 3, 2014
- North Carolina Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 24, 2012
- Ron Sanyal Facebook page, "Home," accessed March 6, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate Filing List," accessed March 17, 2014
- Brenda Cleary for Congress, "Home," accessed March 6, 2014
- Virginia Conlon for Congress, "Home," accessed March 6, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, North Carolina"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"