North Carolina's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Walter B. Jones
North Carolina is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Parties decide who may vote, and they opened the primary election to unaffiliated voters. They may choose which ballot they want to vote on without affecting their unaffiliated status.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Walter B. Jones (R), who was first elected in 1994.
North Carolina's 3rd Congressional District is located in the eastern portion of the state and includes Currituck, Canderr, Tyrell, Dare, Hyde, Beaufort, Pitt, Pamlico, Craven, Jones, Lenoir, Carteret, Onslow, Wayne and Duplin counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
The 3rd congressional district of North Carolina held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Walter B. Jones (R) won re-election. He defeated Erik Anderson (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Walter B. Jones Incumbent||63.1%||195,571|
|Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|United States House, North Carolina General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Walter B. Jones Incumbent||71.9%||143,225|
|Democratic||Johnny G. Rouse||25.7%||51,317|
- United States House of Representatives elections in North Carolina, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- NC Election Connection, "Who Can Vote in Which Elections?" accessed January 3, 2014
- North Carolina Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 24, 2012
- Politico, "Taylor Griffin running for Congress in N.C.," October 3, 2013
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate Filing List," accessed March 18, 2014
- Marshall for Congress, "Home," accessed March 18, 2014
- Thigpen for Congress, "Home," accessed March 18, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, North Carolina"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"