North Dakota 2000 ballot measures
For information on other citizen initiatives that attempted but failed to make the ballot, see North Dakota 2000 citizen initiatives.
- Through 1998, a total of 166 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on North Dakota's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 75 passed and 91 failed.
- With no initiatives on the 2000 ballot, the historical total of North Dakota's citizen initiatives remains at 166.
2000 Election Results
|LR||Constitutional Measure 1 (General)||Hunting||The new section would add these words to the state's constitution: "Hunting, trapping, and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage and will be preserved for the people and managed by law and regulation for the public good." (HCR 3018)||Approved|
|LR||Constitutional Measure 1 (Primary)||Education||State Board of Higher Education||Approved|
|LR||Constitutional Measure 2||State & Local Government||Executive Branch Officers||Approved|
|LR||Constitutional Measure 3||State & Local Government||Elimination of State Treasurer||Defeated|
|LR||Constitutional Measure 4||State & Local Government||Filling Legislative Vacancies||Approved|
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in North Dakota
- Laws governing the initiative process in North Dakota
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- 2000 ballot measures
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |