North Dakota 2000 ballot measures
This table shows all initiatives and referenda that made the ballot in North Dakota for 2000. In the tables below, "CICA" stands for citizen-initiated constitutional amendment, "CSS" for a citizen-initiated state statute, "CR" for a citizen referendum, and "LR" for a legislative referral.
For information on other citizen initiatives that attempted but failed to make the ballot, see North Dakota 2000 citizen initiatives.
- Through 1998, a total of 166 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on North Dakota's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 75 passed and 91 failed.
- With no initiatives on the 2000 ballot, the historical total of North Dakota's citizen initiatives remains at 166.
|Year||Type||Initiative Title||Subject Matter||Description||Status|
|2000||LR||Constitutional Measure 1 (General)||Civil & Constitutional Law||The new section would add these words to the state's constitution: "Hunting, trapping, and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage and will be preserved for the people and managed by law and regulation for the public good." (HCR 3018)|| Passed|
|2000||LR||Constitutional Measure 1 (Primary)||Education||State Board of Higher Education|| Passed|
|2000||LR||Constitutional Measure 2||State & Local Government||Executive Branch Officers|| Passed|
|2000||LR||Constitutional Measure 3||State & Local Government||Elimination of State Treasurer|| Failed|
|2000||LR||Constitutional Measure 4||State & Local Government||Filling Legislative Vacancies|| Passed|
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in North Dakota
- Laws governing the initiative process in North Dakota
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota