Difference between revisions of "North Dakota Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative (2012)"
m (moved North Dakota Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative (2010) to North Dakota Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative (2012))
Revision as of 11:04, 7 January 2011
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
According to the filed proposal, tax increases included:
- six-pack of beer 9 cents to 14 cents
- wine (1 liter) 2.3 cents increase
- whiskey, vodka or other liquors (1 liter) 9 cents increase
- keg of beer 8 cents to 17 cents per gallon
A portion of the allocated tax revenues would have been dedicated to the "Prevention Advisory Council on Drugs and Alcohol."
Path to the ballot
- See also: North Dakota signature requirements
In order to place the proposed measure on the ballot, supporters were required to collect a minimum of 12,844 valid signatures from North Dakota voters by August 4. However, by petition deadline day, supporters failed to collect and submit sufficient signatures.
- Associated Press,"N.D. measure would raise tax on wine, beer, liquor," December 16, 2009
- Associated Press,"N.D. measure proponent wants tax increase on wine, beer, liquor," December 17, 2009
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |