North Dakota Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
According to the filed proposal, tax increases include:
- six-pack of beer 9 cents to 14 cents
- wine (1 liter) 2.3 cents increase
- whiskey, vodka or other liquors (1 liter) 9 cents increase
- keg of beer 8 cents to 17 cents per gallon
A portion of the allocated tax revenues would be dedicated to the "Prevention Advisory Council on Drugs and Alcohol."
Path to the ballot
- See also: North Dakota signature requirements
In order to place the proposed measure on the 2010 ballot, supporters were required to collect a minimum of 12,844 valid signatures from North Dakota voters by August 4, 2010. However, by petition deadline day, supporters failed to collect and submit sufficient signatures.
However, the petition was valid for one year and may still appear on the 2012 ballot. The petition is valid until December 30, 2010.
- Associated Press,"N.D. measure would raise tax on wine, beer, liquor," December 16, 2009
- Associated Press,"N.D. measure proponent wants tax increase on wine, beer, liquor," December 17, 2009
[[Category:Did not make ballot, alcohol