North Dakota Farming and Ranching Amendment, Measure 3 (2012)
|Farming and Ranching Amendment|
|Constitution:||North Dakota Constitution|
|Topic:||Treatment of animals|
The measure, sponsored by the North Dakota Farm Bureau, called for a constitutional amendment that would block any law "which abridges the right of farmers and ranchers to employ agricultural technology, modern livestock production and ranching practices."
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
|North Dakota Measure 3|
These results are certified and final.
Text of measure
| Text of Section 29:
The right of farmers and ranchers to engage in modern farming and ranching practices shall be forever guaranteed in this state. No law shall be enacted which abridges the right of farmers and ranchers to employ agricultural technology, modern livestock production and ranching practices.
The campaign in support of the measure was led by N.D. Feeding Families Committee.
No formal opposition was identified.
Path to the ballot
- See also: North Dakota signature requirements
- North Dakota farming amendment efforts continue for the 2012 ballot
- North Dakota farming amendment cleared for petition circulation
- The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead,"UPDATED: Amendment aims to protect North Dakota farmers and ranchers," August 2, 2011
- Associated Press,"ND amendment would protect farming, advocate says," August 5, 2011
- Associated Press,"ND official OKs measure to ban limits on farming," August 16, 2011
- North Dakota Secretary of State,"Timeline for Farming and Ranching Amendment," retrieved August 17, 2011
- Associated Press,"UPDATE Eight NDSU football players charged with petition fraud," September 4, 2012