Official voter guide (ballot measures)
Revision as of 10:41, 13 June 2011 by JWilliams
ballot measure, whether state or local, is a publication prepared by a state or local government to familiarize voters with the substance and content of a ballot measure that will appear on the ballot in an upcoming election. In some jurisdictions, these are referred to as voter pamphlets.
From state to state, official voter guides for ballot measures vary in these ways:
- How they are distributed
- When they are distributed
- To whom they are distributed
- Who is responsible for preparing them
- What type of information is included in them, and who is responsible for distributing them
- Whether they are provided in more than one language and if so, what languages they are provided in.
- Voter guides
- Features of official voter guides, compared by state
- Publication requirements for proposed state constitutional amendments
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|