Ohio's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Ohio is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Only affiliated voters can vote for candidates in the primary election; however, voters do not choose their affiliation until election day, when they request a party's ballot.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Marcy Kaptur (D), who was first elected in 1982.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
|U.S. House, Ohio District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marcy Kaptur Incumbent||73%||217,771|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Ohio Congressional District 9 Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Marcy Kaptur Incumbent||59.4%||121,819|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Ohio, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State Website, "Frequently Asked Questions about General Voting and Voter Registration," accessed January 3, 2014
- Ohio Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 9, 2012
- Campaign website, "Home," accessed February 26, 2014
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, "General Election Independent Candidate List," accessed July 17, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "What's on the Ballot?," accessed October 6, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Ohio"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"