Ohio 2006 ballot measures
On the ballot
|Issue 2||Min Wage||Raises the state minimum wage rate from $5.15 to $6.85||
|Issue 3||Gambling||Permits up to 31,500 slot machines at seven horse racing tracks and at two Cleveland locations||
|Issue 4||Smoking Bans||Provides a smoking ban in enclosed areas with certain exceptions||
|IndISS||Issue 5||Smoking Bans||Restricts smoking in places of employment and most places open to the public.||
- A total of $43,308,752 was spent, pro and con, on ballot measure campaigns in Ohio in 2006.
- Through 2005, a total of seventy-one (71) citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on Ohio's ballot since the first initiative in 1913.
- With four initiatives on the 2006 ballot, the historical total of Ohio initiatives through the 2006 election climbed to seventy-five (75).
- Of the seventy-five initiatives on the Ohio ballot through 2006, nineteen (19) were approved, and fifty-six (56) defeated.
- Ohio signature requirements
- Ohio 2006 citizen initiatives
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |