Ohio 2010 ballot measures
- Two certified measures appeared on the May 4, 2010 primary election ballot. Both measures were approved.
- One certified measure will appear on the November 2 ballot.
- A total of ten proposed initiatives have been filed with the state for the 2010 ballot.
- For a statute, signatures must be filed ten days before the 2010 session of the Ohio State Legislature begins, which is on the first Monday in January 2010, or January 4. The recommended filing deadline was December 23, 2009.
- June 30, 2010 for a constitutional amendment.
- For a veto referendum, signatures must be filed within ninety (90) days after the law or section of law to be referred has been filed with the Secretary of State by the Governor and any petition that is filed within that window of opportunity, but 125 days before the next election, will go on the next general election ballot that occurs over a year later.
|Issue 1||Bond issues||Authorizes $700 million in bonds over five years for the Ohio Third Frontier program|
|Issue 2||Gambling||Changes Columbus casino location from the Arena District to the former Delphi Corp. auto-parts plant|
|Casino Revenue and Commission Amendment||Gambling||Increase the state's share of casino revenues and amend Ohio Lottery Commission authority||proposed|
|Cities Casino Amendment||Gambling||Allow cities to opt out of the casino plan||proposed|
|Livestock Care Initiative||Animal rights||Requires that the Livestock Care Standards Board adopt certain minimum standards||filed 1/27/10|
|CISS||Estate Tax Repeal||Taxes||Proposes eliminating Ohio's estate tax||AG certified 9/11/09|
|CISS||Dog Auctions Initiative (2)||Animal rights||Would prohibit bringing into the state, for purposes of sale/trade, a dog acquired through auction||AG certified 10/2/09|
|Ohio Sovereignty Amendment (2)||Admin of gov't||To redefine the state constitution: clearly establish authority and the powers allocated to each dept.||Pending AG cert.|
|Health Care Amendment||Health care||Exempt residents of Ohio from national health care mandates||AG certified 4/1/10|
|-||Immigration Reform Initiative||Immigration||Would authorize police question a person's immigration status if there are any suspicions that they are illegal immigrants||proposed|
Local ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Ohio signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- Endorsements of Ohio ballot measures, 2010
- WCPO,"Moderate Voting Turnout Expected In Ohio Primaries," May 4, 2010
- Archbold Buckeye,"Two Statewide Issues On Primary Ballot," retrieved April 29, 2010
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |