Ohio 2010 ballot measures
- Two certified measures appeared on the May 4, 2010 primary election ballot. Both measures were approved.
- A total of ten proposed initiatives have been filed with the state for the 2010 ballot.
- For a statute, signatures were required ten days before the 2010 session of the Ohio State Legislature began, which was January 4. The recommended filing deadline was December 23, 2009.
- For a constitutional amendment the deadline was June 30, 2010.
- For a veto referendum, signatures were required to be filed within ninety (90) days after the law or section of law to be referred had been filed with the Secretary of State by the Governor and any petition that was filed within that window of opportunity, but 125 days before the next election, would go on the next general election ballot that occurred over a year later.
|Issue 1||Bond issues||Authorizes $700 million in bonds over five years for the Ohio Third Frontier program|
|Issue 2||Gambling||Changes Columbus casino location from the Arena District to the former Delphi Corp. auto-parts plant|
|Casino Revenue and Commission Amendment||Gambling||Increase the state's share of casino revenues and amend Ohio Lottery Commission authority|
|Redistricting Amendment||Redistricting||Amends the redistricting process of state legislative districts|
Not on the ballot
|Cities Casino Amendment||Gambling||Allow cities to opt out of the casino plan|
|Health Care Amendment||Health care||Exempt residents of Ohio from national health care mandates||proposed for 2011|
|Immigration Reform Initiative||Immigration||Would authorize police question a person's immigration status if there are any suspicions that they are illegal immigrants||proposed for 2011|
|Livestock Care Initiative||Animal rights||Requires that the Livestock Care Standards Board adopt certain minimum standards|
|Sovereignty Amendment (3)||Admin of gov't||To redefine the state constitution: clearly establish authority and the powers allocated to each dept.||proposed for 2011|
|VR||Slot Machines Referendum||Gambling||Allow for slot machines in the state||withdrawn from ballot|
|CISS||Estate Tax Repeal||Taxes||Proposes eliminating Ohio's estate tax|
Local ballot measures
- Ohio petition drives come to a close, deadline only a day away
- Ohio voters to decide on bond renewal and Columbus casino next week
- The Columbus Dispatch,"Ballot issues can influence races," June 1, 2010
- WCPO,"Moderate Voting Turnout Expected In Ohio Primaries," May 4, 2010
- Archbold Buckeye,"Two Statewide Issues On Primary Ballot," retrieved April 29, 2010
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |